Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Less profound continued



Afternoon,


As there is time available,
 till my CT in 4 hours
 with a portal to say my say for a while,
here's my blurb 


One can do one's  best thinking during a crisis
 creativity gets some exercise
The Job is to Live  through it
 Show others how-to


Alley



Page 140

I replied "Even with military training, there is no way a man can accidentally blow his head off with a shotgun."


Many years earlier, so long ago that I was a student at the University of Chicago, I had a conversation with my thesis advisor about arts in general. At that time, I had no idea that I personally would go into any sort of art.
He said,"You know what artists are?"
I didn't.
"Artists," he said, "are people who say 'I can't fix my country or my state or my city or even my marriage. But by golly, I can make this square of canvas, or this eight-and-a-half-by-eleven piece of paper, or this lump of clay, or these twelve bars of music, exactly what they ought to be!' "


About five years after that, he did what Hitler's Minister of Propaganda and his wife and their kids did at the end of World War Two. He swallowed potassium cyanide.


Deja Vu got recycled the other morning. A friend was describing a zero to psycho in nano second moment with his latest sweet smelling, jiggle a plenty, got- the-ootsie-down gal pal and I opined about power with a giggle.  In a flash I remembered being sage-ish, about 30 years earlier with another friend, in similar fashionable straits. 6 months later my words would echo back too help me with my dumb-as-box-of-rocks response to my tender, sexplorer as she melted down. I tried to heed my own advice and failed.  


This means in 6 months there will be a filly bucking me  in my corral.


Peter



1 comment:

Tabor said...

I think the job is to live through it for yourself...others will see.