Tuesday, August 11, 2009

God versus Insurance Healthcare Reform

Mornin',

A Relative sent me the Snopes Approved Ben Stein CBS Xmas/God e-mail:

Sunday Morning (everyone should read!)


I only hope we find God again before it is too late!!




The following was written by Ben Stein and recited by him on CBS Sunday Morning Commentary.

My confession:

I am a Jew, and every single one of my ancestors was Jewish. And it does not bother me even a little bit when people call those beautiful lit up, bejeweled trees, Christmas trees.. I don't feel threatened.. I don't feel discriminated against. That's what they are: Christmas trees.

It doesn't bother me a bit when people say, 'Merry Christmas' to me. I don't think they are slighting me or getting ready to put me in a ghetto.. In fact, I kind of like it It shows that we are all brothers and sisters celebrating this happy time of year. It doesn't bother me at all that there is a manger scene on display at a key intersection near my beach house in
Malibu . If people want a creche, it's just as fine with me as is the Menorah a few hundred yards away.

I don't like getting pushed around for being a Jew, and I don't think Christians like getting pushed around for being Christians. I think people who believe in God are sick and tired of getting pushed around, period. I have no idea where the concept came from that America is an explicitly atheist country. I can't find it in the
Constitution and I don't like it being shoved down my throat.

Or maybe I can put it another way: where did the idea come from that we should worship celebrities and we aren't allowed to worship God as we understand Him? I guess that's a sign that I'm getting old, too. But there are a lot of us who are wondering where these celebrities came from and where the America we knew went to.


In light of the many jokes we send to one another for a laugh, this is a little different: This is not intended to be a joke; it's not funny, it's intended to get you thinking..

Billy Graham's daughter was interviewed on the Early Show and
Jane Claysonasked her 'How could God let something like this happen?' (regarding Katrina) Anne Graham gave an extremely profound and insightful response. She said, 'I believe God is deeply saddened by this, just as we are, but for years we've been telling God to get out of our schools, to get out of our government and to get out of our lives. And being the gentleman He is, I believe He has calmly backed out. How can we expect God to give us His blessing and His protection if we demand He leave us alone?'

In light of recent events... terrorists attack, school shootings, etc. I think it started when Madeleine Murray O'Hare (she was murdered, her body found a few years ago) complained she didn't want prayer in our schools, and we said OK. Then someone said you better not read the Bible in school. The Bible says thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal, and love your neighbor as yourself. And we said OK.

Then Dr. Benjamin Spock said we shouldn't spank our children when they misbehave because their little personalities would be warped and we might damage their self-esteem (Dr Spock's son committed suicide). We said an expert should know what he's talking about. And we said OK.

Now we're asking ourselves why our children have no conscience, why they don't know right from wrong, and why it doesn't bother them to kill strangers, their classmates, and themselves.

Probably, if we think about it long and hard enough, we can figure it out. I think it has a great deal to do with 'WE REAP WHAT WE SOW.'

Funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the Bible says. Funny how you can send 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing. Funny how lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene articles pass freely through cyberspace, but public discussion of God is suppressed in the school and workplace.

Are you laughing yet?

Funny how when you forward this message, you will not send it to many on your address list because you're not sure what they believe, or what they will think of you for sending it..

Funny how we can be more worried about what other people think of us than what God thinks of us.

Pass it on if you think it has merit. If not then just discard it... no one will know you did. But, if you discard this thought process, don't sit back and complain about what bad shape the world is in.


My Best Regards, Honestly and respectfully,Ben Stein





This was in response to my support of Insurance Healthcare Reform via a letter I forwarded from David Axelrod


The White House, Washington



Dear Friend,

Last night, President Obama addressed the nation in a primetime press conference about
health insurance reform.

The President made crystal clear what's at stake in this debate: the fiscal well-being of our nation and the health of our families and small businesses.

In case you missed it, take a look at what he had to say:


Presidents Press Conference

Truth be told — with each passing day, more and more Americans are unable to get the health care they need, when they need it. Skyrocketing co-pays and deductibles and soaring insurance premiums are crushing our family budgets and small businesses. Unless we act now, these problems are guaranteed to get worse and worse.

Under reform,
American families will get the stability and security they deserve. They'll no longer have to fear losing health care coverage if they lose or switch jobs, going bankrupt if they become seriously ill, or being denied coverage because of a pre-existing medical condition. Reform will ensure all Americans have access to quality, affordable insurance.

We all have a stake in this and for the 14,000 Americans who are losing their health insurance each day — reform can't wait.

Make sure everyone you know understands the importance and urgency of health insurance reform:
Watch the President's remarks and forward this email to your friends and family.

Thank you,
David Axelrod

P.S. Health insurance reform is a complex issue and many of you have questions about what it means for you and your family. To help get you the answers you need,
White House Health Reform Director, Nancy-Ann DeParle, is holding a live video chat through Facebook and WhiteHouse.gov. Join the chat today at 3pm ET.


So I replied to my relative

Agreed,

Ben Stein provides a very thoughtful soulful piece which is worth sharing, repeating then saving in one's reference video library.

The original hit an inspirational nerve with me and always will, however it's permutations used out of context to imply Divine Protection or Justification, Take God's name in Vain.

Something done repetitively for over 2500 years and counting.

This link is to 3,760,000 possibilities and counting.

On You Tube under the search for "Ben Stein God" there are 412 and presumed counting

And Ben Stein himself


For Me,

God is Life. God is Existence. God is Everything not made by Humanity. While there can be admonitions to Divine Inspiration that resulted in Awe, like Cathedrals, Mosques, Temples, Pyramids, Engineering marvels that continue to amaze and improve the Human experience, which for each of us is limited corporially. There are those who choose to malign this preciously short time by invoking obeisance to a deity or else! Join or Die they say.

This threat corrupts the Common Good for which each of us was born to enhance and improve. I like the phrase, "Children are God's Gift of Hope." And then an adult with an agenda intervenes with psuedo piety, or flesh indignation and everything that was meant to grow and prosper in that child gets scarred, or maimed creating a path unintended to a land of pain, anger, frustration, bitterness, revenge.

But death has a peculiar way of reinforcing short term memory loss.

The Witness to wrong is culled, outcast.

This much I know as I am one of these people. There are so many of us injured by others who invoke the name of God as a Leader of their Legion.

I Love Life, God has always been with me during my darkest times when others refused to be. Maybe from fear of contamination I guess. I identify with lepers.

It is during one of these times on my way home to 1319 W. Wellington, that I felt a breeze through the trees, heard the leaves lightly rustle, saw the bright moon cast shadows and from the distance a dog barked as if to say "you're gonna be okay.." That is one of my many moments where God stood with me when no one else would.

Books, Travel, and Music were my three part plan for living.
So far I've made it to the end of the block, still read, and am trying to rebuild my voice, again.

Spiritually I feel everything.

I hope this helps you know me better.

Here is my Blog
Alley Patron

My Channel,
Alley Patron
video library

Today is Day 2, 9th 5 day cycle of Temodar, post concomitant Radio/Chemo therapy, I feel good, glad to be here,

Left side is slowly returning strength, stamina, dexterity.

When I was 45, slinging 5/8 board up 3 flights of stairs and hauling boxes of tile, I said to myself "in 10 years I do not want to be doing this" Well as fate or Grace of God would have it I'm 4 years ahead of schedule,

Miracles a plenty, that's odd, 45 years ago I was told to trust a neighbor, his name was Keith Johnson who lived at 9916 S. Prospect. More Fate? or Grace of God? It's a memory no child should have.


Lotsa love,

Peter

What does this have to do with Insurance Healthcare Reform? Absolutely Nothing, which is the aim of the opposition, that we achieve nothing. Blind, Obfuscate, Confuse, "whatever it takes" "by any means necessary",

Something Seriously ain't right about whipping up and in God as a reponse to stop change.

Shame on them.

Bring back HR 676 to the table,

Universal Healthcare is Common Good Sense.


Stay Healthy
Be Informed


Peter Lott Heppner



#7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

P.S. 3 Per Spect Ive

P.S. 4 Hang on to it


No comments: