Friday, April 24, 2009

Hindsight Forethought

Mornin',

Yesterday for me was 22 years ago.
After 9 years on the CBOE as a book clerk
I began work as an Arb Clerk for a market maker firm.
 
Paul Volker Head of the Fed
announced his retirement,
 the Dow dropped 30 points
I sold  7 SPU's at the market instead of 1.
It was a $17,000 error 
which was greater than my projected salary for 1 year
I was given 1 weeks severance after 1 week of Arbing.
My salaried life was over
and  I 've been bouncing around ever since.  





From
 Charlie Rose 
October 16, 2006
via
 Google Video


Segment 1: Paul Volcker, former Chairman of the Federal Reserve discusses his new book, "Good Intentions Corrupted: The Oil for Food Scandal and the Threat to the U.N." Segment 2: We conclude with Nandan Nilekani, CEO of Infosys.«




From Columbia University in New York, NY
: Economic Recovery Advisory Board Chairman Paul Volcker
 Speaks (Bloomberg News)
February 20, 2009
via You Tube



Reflections


Peter Lott Heppner



No comments: