Sunday, April 26, 2009

Staying Alive prevents Laziness,


Mornin',
First I woke,
Then I thought.
Staying Alive prevents Laziness
Rhetoric Versus Reality,


Sometimes fate is Natural progression
Choice is what you do about it
Trauma is inevitable 
What type will be yours to discover
To Live Through
These thoughts keep recycling
Making me think I'm Alone
But the truth is
Enough have lived
 are living
will Live
who will know the same moment
 at a different time
 different place
But speak a different language
Pain Hurts with a scream
covered in tears
and can be sensed by any organism
This is common to all life
Then I Read.




Sunday, April 26, 2009

You are reading from the book Touchstones

I drink not from mere joy in wine nor to scoff at faith - no, only to forget myself for a moment, that only do I want of intoxication, that alone. 
  —Omar Khayyam

What has been our drug of choice? It may be alcohol. It may be sugar or gambling or dependent relationships. Some men have used anger, sex, sports, or the accumulation of money. Growing in this program, we learn there is a great brotherhood among us. Our problems have not been only with a certain substance or a given behavior. We have been seduced and trapped by a ritual of forgetting ourselves. If we hadn't found one way, we may have found another. In giving one up, we often found ourselves drawn to a new substitute.

Now we are learning to accept ourselves and to forget ourselves in healthier ways. We all need to move beyond the bounds of an oppressive ego. In our old style, we could not learn healthy releases because we were hooked on unhealthy ones. Now we are learning meditation, making friends, helping others, and letting go as ways to forget ourselves.

I pray for help today in staying away from self-destructive intoxications so I am able to learn healthy releases.

From Touchstones: A Book of Daily Meditations for Men ©1986, 1991 by Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved. No portion of this publication may be reproduced in any manner without the written permission of the publisher.


Then I Shared with you,

             while listening to well wishing,



Sincerely,

Peter Lott Heppner




No comments: