Sunday, July 12, 2009

My body knows me


Mornin' ya'll,

Cravings have good reasons; whether they be a nutrient deficiency or an addiction, behavior gets triggered by interior forces which are chemically based. It's following up on hunger, thirst, fatigue where choices give the clue to the need, the insufficiency, which must be reponded to in order to function properly or optimally. Each of us down to our molecular level is distinctive, specific. While we all have lungs, legs, hearts, livers they are arranged differently which require similar fuel to operate but are reliant on available plants and animals.

Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches were pretty much a staple for me as a child. A nutritionalist could explain why better than I but I'll take a shot at it in what makes sense to me. Proteins, Minerals and B Vitamins mixed with tasty stuff get converted into energy, bones and muscle resulting in hours of fun finished off with bedtime stories. This gets followed up with doing it all over again when I wake up.

Anyhow, as I grew my body needed things to do things which I didn't need to tell it to do. However, it would tell me that chocolate (any kind) or a hamburger (rare) would be really good right about now. Or maybe Orange Juice, Milk, Water. Lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, celery, potatoes would get invited to join in this construction project. How Fiddle-Faddle, Cracker Jack and Oreo Cookies got value were matters of propaganda; intelligent design with an agenda of immediate oral gratification. I became a member of the shaped, but my body is a product with a longer history built by others upon others upon others who liked beer; liquid bread (protein, minerals and B-vitamins), all natural, earth made.

Eventually I would end up in the Food & Beverage Industry, where I would train people to consider themselves as Psychophysio Therapists instead of Bartenders and/or Servers.
Restaurants and Bars are ideal laboratories to observe how instantaneously a glass of water ( a liquid) with a bag of oyster crackers (a solid) can turn a fidgity organism (child or adult it doesn't matter) into silly putty ( sedated maleable persona) in under 20 minutes. It's fascinating to watch, incredible to participate in, (try it you'll enjoy the power) and even better when others agree honestly.

There's alot of support for the relationship(s) between Cause and Effect, Stimulus and Response, Hunger, Thirst and Fatigue. Which invariably brings us to the body-brain connection, forces internal, unseen, irresolutely in charge until freedom from unconscious objection becomes aware to the organism (child or adult it doesn't matter). The crave kicks in and we know why! There is injury, maintenance, growth which requires proteins, minerals, B vitamins in order to go on. Sleep recharges tthe system. Thought, literacy, conversation lubricate the central processor which has multiple platforms of tasks to perform. Hey there, are ya' still with my meander? Good!

Yesterday, a friend from the hardware store was helping me transport Red Cedar Treated Mulch to my other friends home. We jawwed comfortable as usual about paralysis, physical disability, recovery from brain cancer, when he asked "soo what's the prognosis?" With automatic thought reflex from my body "I'm gonna Live" I replied. I marveled at how quick and at ease the words flowed with conviction from my molecules. They knew and told us, it's like that crave, that hunger, that thirst, that sleep, this/that moment reached deep inside my sub atomic levels to tell through me that my neural pathways are healing.

Good to know!

Have a Great Day.

Peter Lott Heppner





No comments: